Who we are
National Centre for Excellence and Advanced Research on Anemia Control (NCEAR-A) was established in May 2018 at the Centre of Community Medicine (CCM), All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. NCEAR-A provides technical support to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India for strengthening Anemia Mukt Bharat strategy through research, capacitybuilding at national and state level, monitoring and evaluation, supporting State Centre of Excellences for control of anemia in India.
NCEAR-A is also engaged with academic institutions and development partners to support MoHFW for the implementation of AMB with quality. The centre is headed by Dr. Shashi Kant, Professor and Head, Centre of Community Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
To develop and provide technical support to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India for incorporating scientific, policy and community perspective in policy and programmatic decisions for control of anemia.
- Provide technical inputs with focus on multi-sectoral approach for policy making, program guidelines and program implementation for anemia control program in India.
- Address operational research needs for anemia control in India.
- To support program monitoring and evaluation including national surveys.
- Act as an apex reference laboratory for screening and diagnosis of anemia at a national level.
- Facilitate capacity building for anemia control program at state and national level.
- Mentor and support the regional centres of excellence in anemia control.